Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2018 is going to be the year I achieve Success!

Well, I did it.  I set a goal, I stuck to it, and I'm happy to say I achieved it! I not only took the CPMA and CGIC exams, I also took the CFPC and CEMC certifications exams.  It meant a lot of studying for the last couple months, but I passed them all!  Someone on the coders group I am on said that passing four exams in two months might be a record.  Especially since I took the CFPC on December 30th and the CEMC on December 31st.  Even the AAPC rep and the exam proctor thought I was crazy to take two exams back to back, but I had a feeling I could do it. 

In my last post, in August, I mentioned how a friend and co-worker quit, and how I did not think they were going to hire someone else.  I was wrong, they did hire someone, but she didn't work out.  It's been two months since they let her go, and they haven't started advertising replace her, so I am pretty sure they have no intention of filling the position.  I am now the sole auditor in the practice, and I was told for now, I will be the only one.  So I approached my manager about getting a raise, since I am doing the work of an auditor, and now I hold the certification.  I have been auditing for 11 years now, but since I didn't have the CPMA, I didn't push to receive an auditor's salary.  But money is tight, and I am pretty sure the school where I teach at night will be closing soon.  And honestly, I'm tired of having to work two jobs, it's been 10 years and I am ready to work just one job again.  Auditors make roughly $5.00 more an hour than I do, and coders with as many certifications as I now have make $6.00 more an hour than I currently make.   My manager did agree with me, and she spoke with the COO of the practice, and she said they are going to discuss it with the board.

While I do not want to leave the practice, I am happy there and I would stay there happily, if they aren't willing to give me a raise and pay me an auditor's salary, I do have other options.  With all my new credentials, I have been getting job offers left and right.  One in particular sounds very promising, but require I add one one more certification, the CRC.  The job would be working for a major insurance company, and they would let me work from home.  I'm sure the collies would love that!  But I am not ready to leave my current job, I like the people, I like the work I do, and I feel as if the work is important and valuable.  So I really hope things go my way, because at this point in my life I am ready to do whatever it takes to become a success. 

 

1 comment: